The mymedic II telehealth monitor is used by patients in their homes to help them manage their health.
Each day, the user takes their vital signs readings using the peripherals selected for them by their clinician and answers a series of questions about their symptoms. All of this information is then transmitted to the monitoring centre for technical and clinical triage. If a patient’s readings are outside of the limits set for them operators will follow the appropriate protocol, alerting a clinician if necessary.
- Remote configuration – interviews and other configurations can be remotely configured allowing healthcare professionals and technical staff to update without visiting the patient
- Class 1 medical device – classified according to the Medical Devices Directive, developed under an ISO 13485 medical devices quality system, and compliant with IEC60601-1
- Multiple inputs – vital signs information can be received via Bluetooth low energy/ Bluetooth classic, infrared and via one of two USB ports
- Tailored – vital sign and health interviews are configured to individual patients’ needs, and a range of peripherals can be easily paired to the unit as required
- Accessible – 7” colour display screen with clear graphics, large tactile buttons, touchscreen functionality, multi-language audio announcements via clear loudspeaker. Pairs with simple to use, ergonomically designed peripherals
- Flexible – option to transmit data via PSTN or GSM/3G mobile network
- Secure – all data is N3 hosted
- Future proof – developed to accommodate additional future services (e.g. video conferencing)
Using telehealth as part of an effective reablement service in St Helens
- Community Matron saved 2 days each week, visiting reablement unit
- Early intervention enabled
- Patient experience improved
- Integrated working supported